Important: Do not use information from this website for emergency situations. In emergencies, please refer to
the Bureau of Meteorology warnings page: http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/warnings.shtml.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the weatherzone.com.au website. By using this website, you agree to these terms and
conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
This website is owned and operated by The Weather Company Pty Limited ACN 078 711 930 ('we', 'us', etc) from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Information on this website is only general. It does not take account of anyone's individual situation. General information
should not be relied on instead of professional advice specifically directed to you and your circumstances.
All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in this website and its contents are owned or licensed by us
or are used by permission. Except as expressly permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and these terms and conditions,
you must not reproduce, modify or adapt this website or its contents.
You may download material from this website and print a copy for your own use, if you do not remove any copyright
and trade mark notices in the material.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions do not transfer any intellectual property right to you in this website or its contents.
Using this website
You must not use this website or its contents:
- in breach any law or regulation,
- to infringe a third party's rights,
- to breach any standards, content requirements or codes promoted by any relevant authority, or
- in connection with any information or material that may be, or that may encourage conduct that may be unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or indecent.
Linking to this website
We permit links to this website from other websites ('third party websites') on condition that:
- you clearly identify the link to this website as a link to the weatherzone.com.au website,
- you regularly check the link to ensure that it remains current,
- you do not provide a link in a context or a manner which disparages our reputation,
- you must not use the link or information provided on this website for your own commercial purposes,
- we may cancel our consent to a link at any time and, if we request it, you must immediately remove the link, and
- you indemnify us against any harm we may suffer as a result of your link.
Linking to other websites
We provide links to other websites that are not under our control ('linked websites'). You acknowledge that:
- we are not responsible for any content contained on those linked websites,
- we provide links to linked websites for convenience only and those links should not be construed as an endorsement, recommendation or approval by us of those linked websites, or the owners or operators of those linked websites, and
- links to linked websites may not remain current or be maintained.
- All registered members will receive the Weatherzone monthly newsletter and important site notices informing you of matters that may affect your user account.
- You may unsubscribe from our emailed newsletter or other messages, but we reserve the right to downgrade your site member status if you do so, as such information is important to proper use of some parts of the website.
Limitation of liability
[Note: Summary of this clause: Our legal liability to you is limited to the maximum extent the law permits us to limit it.]
To the extent that any implied condition, warranty, term or remedy cannot lawfully be excluded from these terms and
conditions ('Non-excludable Condition'), it is included in them. Subject to that, we:
- are not liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage, however caused (including by negligence), arising out of your use of or unavailability of this website, its contents, or any linked websites,
Specific terms for WEATHERZONE SILVER subscribers
The following terms apply specifically to users taking out a paid weatherzone Silver subscription:
- weatherzone Silver is a completely optional, value-added service offered by The Weather Company Pty Ltd. Members have the choice of upgrading to this service during the sign-up process and at any other time within 'my settings'.
- If you choose Visa, Mastercard, or American Express as the payment method, your credit card will be automatically billed at the start of each renewal period.
- You may downgrade at any time to avoid being billed when the product expires.
- You can choose to pay by cheque or EFT on 6 or 12 month subscriptions. This incurs a $10 administration fee in addition to our current pricing.
- If paying by cheque, advice will be given on how to renew your subscription at the end of each renewal period. If you choose not to renew, your account will be downgraded to free member.